If you’ve checked out our MDX vs. Lexus RX comparison, you already know why putting the all-new Acura MDX in your driveway is a good idea. But after you’ve made the first choice, you’ve got to make your second : what packages to go with it? A car like this is good all on its own, but add on a technology, entertainment or advance package and you’re looking at a technological innovation that will be at the head of it’s class for years to come.
So which package is right for you? Don’t worry, Acura Carland has each broken down and explained, so that you can make sure you get exactly what you need, and what you want.
The Technology Package
Filled with every tech innovation you could ask for, this add-on makes sure that you’re always connected. Enjoy features like:
- Acura Navigation System with Zagat restaurant reviews - The Acura Navigation System uses hard-drive data storage for fast response and is viewed through a high-resolution, full VGA, 8-inch screen, mounted high on the dash for quick and easy viewing.
- AcuraLink Real TIme Traffic with Rerouting - The AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic™ feature helps you steer clear of gridlock by providing continuously updated traffic information in major metropolitan areas across the 48 contiguous United States. It’s free for three years, and after that, it’s available by a subscription service.
- Blind Spot Information System - If the system detects a vehicle in an adjacent lane in the RLX “alert zone” (approximately from the rear half of the RLX to half a car-length back), an indicator will appear on that side’s windshield pillar, and a display will appear on the MID at the center of the gauge cluster
- Voice Recognition System for nav, audio and climate - In addition to the sophisticated, new touch-screen controls and the versatile steering-wheel controls, the Voice Recognition feature that accompanies the Acura Navigation System allows you to perform the most frequently used functions of the audio, climate control, and navigation systems without ever lifting a finger.
- GPS Linked, Solar Sensing Temperature Control - To maximize comfort for all passengers, the RLX features a tri-zone automatic climate control system that allows the driver, front passenger and rear passengers to adjust their own temperature and airflow settings. On models with the navigation system, a solar sensor measures the sun’s intensity to determine its impact on interior temperature while the GPS receiver for the Acura Navigation System tracks the sun’s position relative to the car.
- Acura ELS 501 Watt Premium 10-Speaker Sound System
- HDD Media Storage
- CD, MP3, WMA, and DTS Compatible Disc Player
- HD Radio
- Song by Voice - The Song By Voice® feature uses the Voice Recognition system to help the TL driver find music from the hard disc drive or a USB-connected iPod® simply by voicing a preference.
- Note Function Music Reminder for Sirius XM - This feature allows you to store song information heard on a SiriusXM channel so that you can recall it later, in case you’d like to purchase, download or simply learn more about the song or artist. Each 10-second note contains the song title, artist, the SiriusXM channel it was heard on, and a time stamp from when it was recorded.
- Bluetooth HandsFreeLink Wireless Telephone Interface with Phonebook Exchange - The Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® system works with many Bluetooth®-enabled cell phones to let you receive and initiate phone calls through the MDX audio system without ever taking your hands off the wheel.
- Forward Collision Warning System - The Forward Collision Warning (FCW) system uses a camera located between the windshield and rearview mirror to alert you when it determines that your MDX may collide with a vehicle detected in front of it. If your vehicle speed is above 10 mph and the system determines a collision is possible, it warns you with audible alerts and a flashing amber “BRAKE” warning light on the Multi-Information Display.
- Lane Departure Warning System
- Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers
- LED PUddle LIghts
- 19” Wheels
- Rear Door Smart Entry
- Acura DVD Rear Entertainment System with Full VGA 9-inch screen, wireless headsets and remote control
- Acura ELS Surround 529-Watt Premium 11-Speaker Sound System
- Grammy® award-winning recording engineer and producer Elliot Scheiner helped design this critically acclaimed ELS Studio®Premium Audio System to reproduce music as it’s heard in the recording studio. With music sources available over the air, internet or your own digital library, even the most familiar music can become an all-new listening experience.
- 3-Level heated Second-Row Outboard Seats
- Second-row Side Sunshades
- Rear-door Window Shades
- 110-Volt Power Outlet in Center Console
- Technology Package - See above for details.
- Entertainment package with ultrawide screen and HDMI input - See above for details; add ultrawide screen.
- Acura ELS Sound 546-Watt Premium 12-speaker Sound System
- Perforated Milano Premium Leather Trimmed Front Seats
- 6-level heated and ventilated front seats
- Front Passenger Seat Power-Adjustable Lumbar Support
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Low Speed Follow
- Gives you the option of maintaining a set distance from a vehicle directly in front of you. It allows the convenience of cruise control to be used even when there is light traffic around you. While cruising, engage the ACC, and the system will prompt you to select a short, medium or long interval from the vehicle ahead. ACC will hold it, even as the vehicle comes to a stop, modulating the throttle and applying moderate braking when necessary. As the forward vehicle starts again from a stop, a tap on the throttle will re-engage the ACC automatically.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System
- When the system senses that a frontal collision is unavoidable, and even if no prior alerts have been given, the front seat belts tighten, and strong braking is automatically applied to help reduce the impact velocity and collision force.
- Lane Keeping Assist System
- If you guide the car out of a detected lane without signaling your intention to exit it, the system will slightly tug the wheel and guide the car to the center of the lane.
- Auto-Dimming Side Mirrors
- Remote Engine Start
- Parking Sensors
- Roof Rails
*All descriptions and lists taken from Acura and Acura.com.